Environments send messages…The mediation environment includes the physical surroundings that affect people’s bodily comfort levels. It also involves some less tangible elements: the parties’ relative levels of power, their feelings of safety, and arrangements that convey respect.
- A room to help reduce the power-distance between parties and between the parties and the mediator.
- Strong nonverbal message of mediator neutrality and party equality.
- Each Meeting Room has Comfortable adjustable chairs that allow people to easily reach the writing surface of the table.
- Meeting rooms free from phone interruptions, noisy conversations in adjacent rooms, ticking clocks, buzzing fax machines, or outside traffic and construction noises.
- Is located at a Reputable Address, easy to get to.
- Accessible by private and public transportation.
- A site safe after dark.
- Easy Access.
- Free parking.
- Handicap access
- To make your parties comfortable, we have pleasant music, and lighting,
- Adjustable temperature controls.
- Windows allowing natural light will make a room feel more spacious, Lighting fixtures should work properly
- Wall color, carpet texture, the smell of the room and outside areas, and the shape of the room.
- Nice artwork on the walls a neat, dust free, and organized environment.
- We count with Coffee service that invite your parties to mingle and engage in small talk.
- We have flip charts, markers, calculators, and notepads. Available phones, fax machines, laptop computers, and printers.
- Thoughtful consideration of the mediation environment enhances party self-determination, supports quality decision-making, and can enhance the appearance of the mediator’s neutrality.